April 22, 2010

Imma Be, Imma Be, Imma Be...

looking all fly and (stuff),
I'm a be the flyest chick - SO FLY!
I'm a be spreadin' my wings,
I'm a be doin' my thing...

...End of Fergie lyric nonsense. ;)

But seriously, I'm a B(rittany)! and I'm a be a BRIDE! But what about our bridesmaids and groomsmen? Are they gonna 'be'? Well, we decided early on that we wanted to do something more official to ask them. We ordered special custom invitations of
"Will you be my..." for the girls and for the guys that we are planning on hand delivering. (Can't wait to see their expressions!) This way they'll have the actual invite and know it's a serious, set in stone, kind of thing. Mainly though because it will put my mind to ease about the officialness of it as well.

They finally arrived! We ordered the MOH/Bridesmaids cards from SDezigns and the Best Man/Groomsmen cards from DetailsBeyondDesign. (Both sellers are from Etsy...seriously, who doesn't that site?!)

Here's what they look like:


Above is the Best Man invitation. The groomsmen invites are pretty much the same. Sorry about the flash glare making it look so awful! We asked for blue cardstock instead of white because our colors are blue for the guys and pink for the girls. On the inside it has a saying we thought of ourselves:

"It would mean so much if you were by my side as a witness to me taking my bride. Will you be my (Best Man/Groomsman)?"

And here are the Bridesmaids invitations...


They are pink sparkly dresses. I added the glitter with a gluestick so of course it shows up awful in this photo, but in person it looks much better and was the sparkly touch I wanted. These open up to an inside which says "Nothing would give me more joy and pride than to have you at my special day by my side... Will you be my (MOH/Bridesmaid)?"

Although these were completely unnecessary, we thought they were perfect for us and our fellow bridal party members. We also have the invitations above for our ring bearer and flower girl, too.

Have you considered giving out formal invitations to your bridal party members? How did it go?



No comments:

Post a Comment