April 14, 2010

We're Going To The Chapel And We Are...

going to get an OFFICIAL date to plan our wedding around! I am thrilled! Well, I'll be thrilled unless our priest crushes my fantasy of having a 10-20-10 date for the wedding.

Tom and I are both Catholics. After we first started dating, I began going to church with him by my own request and interest. It resulted in taking classes for my conversion and over this past Easter I was lucky enough to be baptized and confirmed. There is still a lot to learn and many ways for me to grow in my faith, but I couldn't be happier and more excited to embrace this life style. I know that everyone has their own beliefs so I will try to stay away from preaching in this blog. Although, we do have certain beliefs I will bring up because they are related to the wedding planning process. For example, we do not eat meat on Friday's so that is something that we have to take into consideration for a wedding reception. (Although I'm not opposed to pasta! It's gotta be cheaper!)

Since we're engaged, Tom let our priest who has helped in my conversion know and now tonight we will be going for a meeting with a new purpose -- marriage lessons. This is something else I'm very excited for. Any tools that can help us understand each other better and improve our relationship is something to be grateful for. I've been told by my future SIL, who is also a convert, that the lessons are very engaging and fun. So tonight we will see. Potential dates we can be married and begnning of our marriage lessons -- what a huge step in our lives that I didn't foresee a year ago. I cannot wait and will let everyone know how it goes. It's definitely the most important thing to figure out.

Did you take marriage lessons through your church? Were they required or recreational? What did and didn't you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment