April 26, 2010

Semi-DIY


I like my title. It's totally a rip off from Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade Cooking on the Food Network!


I started my first (semi) DIY project for the wedding. Last night at Target I found these two serving trays on clearance for $5.00 each! Any other ones I had been looking at were at least around $12 - 15.00. So I decided that since I already have white paint and primer at home that I can easily cover up the inside of these since they didn't go with my Shabby chic theme. I also say semi DIY because Tom was over and kind enough to help me. Apparently I was putting the primer on too thick! Oops... gotta love a handyman around. ;) Right now I'm thinking I'll put one of our desserts in them. Perhaps caramel apples with twigs?


(source)

The tray's are not done yet as I've only primed them, but here's what they look like so far "AFTER." I think they are turning out great. So simple to change and such a drastic result! Now only if the other 25+ DIY projects on my list are that easy...


What do you think of how they look so far? :) Have you found any steal of a deals that you only had to touch up a bit to make fit with your wedding theme?
*Personal photos unless stated otherwise. Do not steal!

1 comment: